An account of my amazing trip to Japan. Something that took only 14 years to actually happen.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shopping Heaven

Ok, so on the 16th, I didn't do very much. I just relaxed at Barry's place. I did go to Jusco to buy food and some alcohol to bring to karaoke later that night. Karaoke was actually no fun at all. I don't think I sang anything, or if I did it was only like half a song. I wasn't drunk, no one else was drinking and the alcohol I did have tasted like crap. Completely horrible crap. It was weird and zero fun. But, I still had to pay an equal portion of the total cost, so next time I'm gonna hog the mic whether I feel like singing or not. :p The karaoke place was super awesome though. Very pretty and clean. And the most awesome song catalog imaginable!

Today, I discovered Uchihara Mall. And I fell in love. Ahhh. On the way there, I wasn't totally sure if I was boarding the right train, so on the platform I saw these two younger girls and asked them if it was the right one. They helped me. Luckily, it was the right one. Then I got on the train and sat for a few minutes and then one of the 2 girls came over and sat with me. She asked if I wanted to try some famous candy and then she wanted to talk with me in English so she sat with me until my stop. Her other friend was too shy to come over. It was a cool experience.
Anyway, back to the mall. It was so great. I spent so much. Hahaha. They had some awesome stores. But I think the most awesome part of the whole mall was the food court area. I can't even call it a food court. It was more of a restaurant alley or something. All very nice places that were totally enclosed and each had something different to offer. I know I have good pics of some of these places. I chose to eat at one called "Rakeru" because their specialty was omuraisu, or omelette rice. I wanted to try this because I had watched "Kimi wa Petto" before coming to Japan and omuraisu played an important part in that drama. The one I ordered was like a massive omelette stuffed with seasoned rice, rolled up and covered in a brown gravy and mushrooms. It may sound weird, but it was beyond delicious. My mouth is watering right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment