An account of my amazing trip to Japan. Something that took only 14 years to actually happen.

Friday, June 12, 2009

*Sigh*

I just got back now from a somewhat stressful day. I decided to go to Mito today. By train. I only had a rough idea of how to use the train. Although Barry was kind enough to draw me a map to the platform and write a few instructions. Oh, and the entire day's train schedule between Naka and Mito. That helped a lot. But still, I managed to get lost on the way to the platform. I totally overshot it and then walked all over the place. Then I went back and eventually found it, but just as I was getting to the tracks, the red lights started flashing and the safety things went down so I couldn't get to the platform and I missed the train. I had to wait an hour for the next one. I felt so retarded. Then I caught it and things were ok. No problems getting to Mito. But once I was there I had no idea what to do. I walked around the mall area where the station is, but that was boring. So I just started walking up and down the street. That got old real fast because my shoes were cutting into me and I was in severe pain. So I only stopped at 7 Eleven to get some weird stuff. Pics to follow. Then I headed straight back to the station and I stopped at a really pretty French Patisserie called Cozy Corner. I bought some fancy jelly stuff and some shuu kuriimu (cream puffs). I'm living out my drama fantasies, I swear. I keep seeing Riiko and Namikiri on tv. If you don't know what that means, go to mysoju.com and watch all of Absolute Boyfriend. Anyway, I bought my ticket and arrived on time for the 4:15 train like Barry had written down. Of course, I wasn't satisfied because I'm retarded so I decided to double check. I asked the security guy and he said it wasn't the train to Naka! Even though it totally was. So I had to wait half an hour for the next one, which I was sure would be fine. But since I'm retarded I decided to double check again. This time I went upstairs and asked somewhat with real authority. He confirmed it was ok so I went back down and caught it. No problems after that. Now I'm here. I just ate a kurokke pan, which is like bread with the filling being fried potato croquettes. Kind of weird. I bought it at 7-11. I also bought green tea flavored coke there, but I haven't tried it yet. OH! And I saw that food thing that I "won" from the ufo game last night... It was about 10 cents... and 7-11 is usually overpriced, right? What a kick in the ass. Tonight should be good. Don't know what we're doing for sure. Either karaoke, pub, or game centre. Or some combination of those. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment